Sunday, May 27, 2007

Why, oh Why Did I Get Out of Bed Today?

1) Wanted to sleep in, only to be woken by 3 (yes...3!!!) text messages on my phone!

2) Tried to get back to sleep but was again woken by arguing males in my house on their way to footy game!

3) Backed car out of driveway on my way to hairdressers. Got about 10 metres from my front yard when noticed that car was driving strangely. Sure enough...flat tyre! Had to postpone haircut till 1pm while waiting for motor repair service to come and fix tyre (which, btw had a nail in it, of course!)

4) While waiting for motor repair service to come and fix my car, Miss 7 year old takes dog into front yard and lets go of lead! Yep, imagine me running down the street chasing after speedster dog!

5) Got to hairdressers. Had arranged to meet rest of family at the end of haircut time so we could then scoot off to movies to see Pirates of Carribean 3. Miss 7 year old comes in at the end and announces at the top of her voice and in front of the hairdresser, "Your haircut looks disgusting"! Great! If ever I wanted a hole in the ground, it was then!

6) At dinner tonight, asked 11 year old to move down a place at the dinner table as he and his sister were arguing. Somehow, this erupted (after his refusal) into an all-out war between him and me with him declaring that he hated me after I confiscated his Play Station indefinitely! Of course, I am such a terrible mother cause I don't accept disrespectful behaviour in my house.

So after a few tears. a chocolate biscuit and a wish that I didn't feel like I was getting the flu so that I could have a glass of wine (darn, should have added that as #7!) I have been cheering myself up by watching the music clip to this song. Dear Husband and I watched it on tv the other day and thought it was fantastic (hint...you may have to turn off imeem player at side before watching this). Apparently it is the singer, Ben Kweller's grandmother in the clip dancing. I keep looking at her and thinking that if I ever get through these childhood years and am a dancing, singing, fun-loving grandma like her when I'm her age, then all will be ok! What a cool granny and a great representation of how fantastic women of all ages can be!!!