Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In Honour of the Finger.....Powderfinger that is!!!

I love 'The Finger'. They are one of my favourite bands! The fact that they are Qlders is just an added bonus! Their songs are amazing! So imagine my delight to discover that after years of no new Powderfinger cds, they are finally releasing a brand new one this weekend! Woo hoo!

Ok, ok, I know that the Powderfinger drought has been tempered by the Bernard Fanning cd of 'Tea and Sympathy'.....probably one of my all time fave cds actually.....but this is the whole band with new songs!

So the new album is titled 'Dream Days at the Hotel Existence'. I have been listening to a few sneak peeks of the album on their myspace page and in my opinion it sounds fantastic (I think Nobody Sees is my favourite at the moment but this might change by next week!) I can't wait until Saturday so I can buy my copy. I even thought about trekking into the city on Friday-week to wait with the thousands for their album signing but decided that an old woman like me amongst all of the screaming teenies would be pretty sad! Lol! Even my 11 year old told me that I needed to get a life when I told him that he could join me! ;)

And just to keep up the Powderfinger theme, here is the clip for their first single, Lost and Running, off the album: