Sunday, May 20, 2007

I Have Been Tagged


I have been tagged by a couple of my cyberspace buddies (Jodie and T!). Both with the same meme, too. Here are my answers:

1) Four of my favourite jobs

* My favourite job of all time is being a wife and mother. Nothing could prepare me for it but if I didn't have this job, my life would be on a downhill slide, I think.

* I love my paid job. I work with kids and have been doing so for most of my working life. What more can I say?! It's rewarding yet frustrating at the same time!

* I spent a school holiday once working in the mail room at Medicare. I love the idea of going into the city every day and working in a big building. I loved the idea of not taking work home - just showing up at 9 and finishing at 5. And having a whole hour's lunch break to wander through all the city shops! Ahhhh, bliss!

* I worked as a checkout chick in a chicken shop once. I can't say that I loved this job, but it helped me to pay for a car, social life, etc and made me appreciate how hard those take-away food shop people really work!

2) Four of my favourite local places

* I love Coolum Beach. I love the waves, the sand, the lot! My dream retirement place would be there somewhere.

* The Redcliffe foreshore! Heaps for the kids to do. Anzac Cove lagoon is a place where the kids can swim for free. You can set up a bbq in one of the parks or buy fish and chips and eat on Suttons Beach. There are boardwalks all over the place so taking a bike or scooter is ideal and there are plenty of parks along the boardwalk for the kids to play on. A great place for families!

* I love Westfield Chermside! Who wouldn't?! All those shops under one big roof. And I'm sure that if you walked fast enough from one end to the other it would be considered as some type of exercise, too. It's so long. It would have to be a few kilometres round trip, wouldn't it? Not to mention that there are both Myers and David Jones (well it's coming) there....and 2 (yes, read two!) Gloria Jeans! In fact, there is a coffee shop at every turn but give me a Gloria Jeans anyday. Although the French Twist bakery do a mean hot chocolate! And despite its size and the fact that you have to stalk people to get a car park, I rarely fail to run into someone I know there. Today I ran into 3 people that I knew, all in the space of an hour!

* I love the Glasshouse Mountains. I can understand why the Indiginous tribe of the area had great Dreaming stories about them. And I can understand why Captain Cook, on his exploration down the Queensland coast named them as he did. They are like beacons of welcoming IMO. And to think that they are extinct volcanoes makes you realise how old this land really is. I have in the past, climbed Mt Beerwah (on a class excursion in high school) and Mt Tibrogargan (a few years ago when I was thinner, fitter and somewhat healthy! :P) and both were such amazing, special experiences. In fact, I have added a picture here taken by us in 2004 from the top of Mt Tibrogargan looking over to Coonowrin and Beerwah.

And not to mention that a trip to view these great mountains could also co-incide with a trip to another favourite place.....Australia Zoo....is an added bonus!

3) Four of my favourite foods

* Seafood.....especially shellfish. One dear friend told me that whenever she went out with me I always ordered the fish on the menu! Hmmmmmm! I love prawns, bugs, crab, lobster, oysters, mussels...you name it!

* Mango! What Queenslander doesn't?!

* Chocolate! What good woman doesn't?!

* Thai! Anything with coconut milk in....yum!

4) Four of my favourite international places

* Dublin
* Africa.....on safari preferably
* London
* Vanuatu

5) Four names of people I'm tagging

I think that everyone I know has been tagged already so if anyone else would like to take this honour on, let me know!