Friday, May 18, 2007

The Dramas of a Working Mother


Ok, I only do paid work for half the week so really should I be complaining? Hmmmmm! Why is it then that my house looks like a bomb has hit it? I know that I shouldn't be sitting here, typing this, but the thought of getting up and cleaning makes me kinda want to puke at the moment! Ewwwww! There are floors to vacuum, a dishwasher to pack, an ironing basket that my friend and I have both labelled 'Mount Ironing' given its size, bathrooms to clean and general junk to sort, pick up and file! Arrrghhh! Why oh why doesn't the cleaning fairy visit my home some day when I'm at work and just fix up the lot. What a marvel that would be...to walk home tired and brain-numb after a long day's work and there before me is a sparkling clean house! Yeah right!

But there is one place that annoys me the most. That is the pile of papers, notes and assorted leaflets that always clutter a spot on the kitchen bench? I read somewhere where someone called it a 'bilge' and since then, that is what my pile has been nicknamed. No sooner do you sort it, shred the bits you don't want and file the bits you do (not to mention find that missing bill that you've been looking for for ages!) then it reappears like the nasty scourge on our living environment that it is! Does anyone else have one of these?