Tuesday, May 8, 2007

In My Daughter's Eyes




Little girls are precious. Sure they can be feisty, stubborn and dramatic and they can make your life a living hell, but they are also so much more. My darling daughter is creative. She loves openly and with affection. She sees the best in people and has a love for animals that goes way beyond a nurtured trait. She likes the things I like......flouncy pink dresses, playing 'hairdresser', drawing and colouring, smelling fragrances, trying on shoes! But she is very different from me. She is much more confident. She says exactly what's on her mind. She can manipulate people to get exactly what she wants without them even realising that they've been had! She knows exactly where she is heading and doesn't let anything side-track her. She can be loud and demanding one minute and shy and quiet the next! She is a strong, strong girl.

Sometimes I look at her and just marvel at how we could have created such a magnificent being. How someone so small could bring us so much joy (on most days, of course!)?

So when Miss B came home from school and declared that she had practised her dance for the upcoming Mother's Day picnic to a song called 'Through My Daughter's Eyes' I immediately jumped on the internet to find out more. I'd never heard of it before. But now I have. And I just love the lyrics. I hope you enjoy them, too.

IN MY DAUGHTER'S EYES

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daugter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

Lyric http://www.martina-mcbride.com