Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day!



My Mother's Day started off beautifully. I woke to the sound of my kids making me breakfast in bed. No fighting, no arguing....them working together to create a simple yet loving concoction. All done at their own initiative....a bowl of cereal, a mug of tea, a piece of peanut butter toast and a piece of Vegemite toast. Too bad that they put too much milk in the cereal and forgot to butter the toast. It was the most beautiful and loving way to wake up on Mother's Day!

After the breakfast came the pressies. The 7 year old went crazy at the school Mother's Day stall and bought me a butterfly pendant, a home-made beaded bracelet and some black bead earrings. This was followed up by a small make up bag and a mug from both kids! And the school-made pressies (God bless teachers!) were a note-pad and some coconut ice! The most delightful things though were the cards. From the 11 year-old, I got the usual, 'To mum' and 'love'! He is a boy of few words. The 7 year old, however went all out which, hopefully the photos will show!

Lunch was spent at the Samford Patisserie with my parents. Delicious burgers, scrumptious cakes (Dh and I went halves on the berry mini cheesecake and the lemon tart! Yummo!) and lip-licking hot chocolates all meant that I have no room in the tummy for dinner tonight. After that it was a quick trip to the nearby park to attempt to kick the soccer ball around (thanks to the passerby who was giving me tips!) and hoping that the mid-air leg swinging was burning off a few calories. Of course, I also spent time inspecting the local craft hut! ;)

Finally, we ended up at my brother's place for a cup of tea.

A lovely day with family and the first Mother's Day ever without my dear dear Nanna who passed away mid last year. Thank goodness for family on Mother's Day!