Monday, September 1, 2008

Spring-A-Ding-Ding!!




Hooray for Spring.....my favourite season of all and right on queue, the warmer weather has come out in style! Woo hoo!

To celebrate (ok, so it was a week early but I finally got the pix off my camera!), my little fam-billy and I decided to try a spot of fishing at our closest (hmmmm...20 minutes drive away) pier! Naturally, we expected to catch...ummmm...nothing, and we weren't disappointed! But Shorncliffe pier is one of my all-time fave places to go so really the whole line and hook thing was just a weak excuse for an outing!

Miss Eight decided that walking the length of the pier was positively preposterous! She-of-the-princess variety only scoots along at times like this. We won't mention the family she almost totalled along the pier cause she was too busy looking at the view but oh well, it was fun anyway! And the fact that she dragged me off to the massive playground back on shore for most of the time cause fishing is far too boring for madames-in-waiting really didn't bother me....really, truly!

The Twelve Year Old decided to look way cool holding onto his father's fishing rod and pretending that he knew all about varieties of fish! Pity it was only toad fish that took his bait but hey...a bite is a bite...right???!!! And that fabbo orange tshirt made him mega easy to spot from back on the mainland! Can you see that little teeny weeny speck in the pier shot? You can, can't you???!!!

As for Dear Husband....welllll, let's just say that although he'd have us believe otherwise, fishing is just not his thing! Impatient brute that he is, he dumped the bait into the water after the first hour and walked away....but I didn't tell you that! (Shhhhh.....it's our secret cause he tells me that he really is a fisherman!)

And me? Well, I enjoyed watching my gorgeous babies have fun and I do love soaking up the sun alongside the water. And if you have ever been to Shorncliffe, you will realise that they don't call it 'cliffe' for nothing.....mountain climbing to get back to the car made the take-away fish and chips bought afterwards all the more worthwhile! Lol!