Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Say Hello To The Superteen!


It's official! I no longer have a 12 year old! As of today, he will be forever known as 'Superteen' cause now he is thirteen!

Festivities for his birthday started on the weekend at a family bbq! Naturally, he was showered in presents and can you tell from the above picture that he got an Irish rugby jersey from my brother and SIL (after their recent trip to Ireland)? In fact, I don't think he's taken it off since that photograph was taken....ewwwww! Lol!

This morning, he was kind enough to let me sleep in (hey, I am on holidays!) till 8.30 before coming in for his presents.....PS2 game, Wii game and 2 dvds of Pimp My Ride!

So to celebrate my gorgeous Superteen's birthday, I have decided honour him in a Top 5:

The Top 5 Reasons Why I Adore My Son
(naturally, there are many more but these are the 5 biggest!)

5. He is soooo smart.....The mid-term report arrived yesterday with....4 x As (English, Maths, Japanese and Music), 4 x Bs (Religion, Science, PE and Art) and 2 x Cs (Sose and Drama). Fantastic! And every subject besides 2 gave him As in behaviour and attitude!

4. He is determined.......whether it be deciding that he is going to cook something, deciding that he will do well in sports or school work or just deciding that he is going to get his own way in an argument; once he makes up his mind to do something...watch out!

3. He is caring......he is so good at looking after his little cousins and often visits our elderly and very ill neighbour to keep him company (pity he doesn't transfer this to his little sister but meh...we can live in hope!)

2. He is gorgeous....did I mention that he's supposed to look like his mother??? Rofl!!!

1. He is kind, sensitive and thoughtful and is obviously on the road to becoming a fantastic man!

Now, if only we could control that cranky streak!!! ;)

Have a fantastic birthday, my beautiful boy!