Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Scary Australian Story!!!

The dangers of living in a country which has so many creepy crawlies is this....finding a suspected red back nest underneath a patio chair that you usually sit on! Now, for those overseas visitors who don't know, red back spiders are nasty nasty creatures that can kill you (or make you very sick) with one bite (well, if you don't run off to hospital for an anti-venom apparently!)

So whilst looking out my study window this morning, I spotted this!!! Out I rushed to inspect. Now, there was a big white backed spider taking up residence there, but somewhere in that mess, I'm sure a scarlet backed hunter lurked just waiting for a big butt to land above!

And so, out with the brave broom (and not so brave handler!)!!!
Voile!!! No more red back nest! Phew! Close call for bottoms-on-my-veranda-chairs avoided!!!!