Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spiritual Enlightenment????


The 12 year old goes to our church youth group! He loves to go and actually reminds us that it's on usually. They play games there, get fed (party pies, pizza, fish bites in Lent (lol!) etc). It also gives him the opportunity to catch up with old primary school friends who went to different high schools. During the evening, they also have a spiritual awareness session. This consists of a variety of activities including watching relevant dvds, having a guest speaker, looking at pictures, etc etc. Following this they break into girl/boy groups and have reflection time.

So, last night, Dear Husband picked up the 12 year old from youth group. He came home with his usual vigour and enthusiasm. As per usual, I also asked him about his night and what he'd learnt. His response last night was exceptionally eager. 'I learnt heaps', he said.

'Oh', said me. 'Like what?' (Naturally, I was expecting him to tell me some great recount about some missionary somewhere, a biblical story perhaps or similar).

'Well', he replied, 'I learnt that I am awesome at eating'!

Huh??

'They had an eating competition and I won! I ate so much and I beat this really big kid'!!

Okkkkkk....enlightenment...yes! Spiritual? Ummmmmmm!





Btw, I've pimped my blog. What do you think??? Is it too much or ok to read? I fell in love with the polka dots (sigh....child of the 80s that I am!!!).