Monday, December 29, 2008

Season Updates!


Christmas

This year, Christmas went off with only minor hitches. Everyone converged on our place...about an hour early! You can imagine what that did to me! Sheer panic set in as the food was only half prepared and all visitors were in the lounge room opening presents and Dear Husband was still cleaning the air conditioner filters! Arrrghhhh! Despite this, a good time was had by all. Lunch was a mammoth effort: ham, turkey, roast veges, honey mustard carrots, cauliflower and broccoli au gratin and an assortment of salads. Not to mention desserts of Christmas pudding and pavlova! Yummo!

Presents


Santa came again this year (am still trying to work out that naughty/nice thing!). The Superteen was delighted with a replacement for his original PS2 which died a sad death earlier in the year (Hey, cheaper to buy new than get fixed!). He also got his longed-for golf club as well as books and cds. Miss Nine found a new camera in her sack along with a cd player and High School Musical cds! Both children also received new clothes in their brands of choice (HSM and Fred Bare for Miss Nine and Canterbury for the Superteen!). As for me.....I just love the water filter and chiller that my mum and dad gave me. We have a non-stop supply of cold drinking water on the kitchen sink these days!

Dogs

Jasper continues to settle in well. He had definitely grown but is still a little ball of white fluff. We are still working on the toilet training, which I hate! It is honestly, the worst part of having puppies! These days he is hitting the pergola more than the house but still doesn't seem to get the whole 'go outside' thing! Argh!

Ruby went to the doggie day spa a few days before Christmas and looks just so cute. I think she's happier with less hair in this heat, too.


Cricket

I admit that parts of this week have been drowned out by the sounds of the second test coming from the television. As much as I love cricket, I have to sadly admit that the boys just aren't sparking any parochial enthusiasm from me atm! Apart from a century (and almost a second!) from Ponting and some pretty nice bowling and batting from MJ (hey, fave player never disappoints!) the rest has been a pretty sad indication of the state of our team at the moment! Let's pray that some gun players start demonstrating their ability soon! And by soon, I mean in the next couple of weeks cause we have tickets to the 20-20 game at the Gabba (watch this space for details after the event!)


New Year

I have no idea about resolutions! I think that my resolution these days is to just survive sometimes! However, we are planning to spend new year's at a friend's house sipping cocktails (hmmmm....maybe soda, lime and bitters for me!) and chatting the night away.

And after that.....

After that, we are going on holidays. We take off just after new year's so my blog may be quiet during that time (unless I can convince sweet, lovely family members to loan me a computer while I'm away! ;) ) For my kids, it will be their second time on an aeroplane. And for me, it will be visiting a part of our gorgeous country that I haven't been to! And fear not, house sitters are moving in to mind the dogs and all!

So.....if I don't get to post here until I return, I hope that you have a fantastic new year's! Stay safe, don't drive (if drinking) and make sure that you make resolutions that you can keep!