Saturday, December 13, 2008

I Must Be Mad, Mad, Mad!!!

I am blaming the Christmas-slash-silly-season! That is the only explanation I can think of!

When Dear Husband rang me at work to tell me that he was offered the most adorable, gorgeous, cutest, lovable dog that he'd ever seen, I naturally told him to forget it....we already have a dog.

Then something happened.....over-work, stress, moment of weakness, rush of blood to the head....that's what I'm blaming! And next thing I know, we have this!

This is one hellova cute Maltese-cross-Shitzu-cross-Silky and it's a boy!


Obviously, we were very concerned as to how Ruby would accept a new four-legged addition to our house. I did all of the right things...bought puppy all new stuff, introduced them gradually, gave Ruby all of the attention....and you know what, it seems to have paid off. Ruby didn't even raise a growl. She sniffed, she circled, she looked searchingly and then she licked him and laid down at my feet for a nap! Go figure! All of that sleep that I've lost over the last few nights has been for nothing!

This afternoon, pup has been taken to the vet's for needles, a good check over and probably a microchip (wouldn't have a dog without one!).

And despite all of the misgivings of a few nearest and dearest, I am pleased to report that pup is fitting in.


Now, there is the small problem of a name. You see, the Superteen has demanded that as Ruby was named by his sister, that he should have the right to name this dog. You can imagine what he's come up with....if it's the name of a basketballer, cricketer, soccer player or Rugby League footballer then it is in. I told him to write a list and I'd pick from his choices. So at the moment, puppy is Archie. No, not my fave choice either. The rest of us like Miss Nine's choice of Max but the Superteen is blocking that at every turn. Great!


So now, our animal family is complete....and I've told Dear Husband that he is not allowed to bring anymore stray home!
*sigh* If only they came toilet-trained though!