Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!


Well, it was a few days ago.

Birthdays aren't usually very special things. I got over the big one a year ago so this year's was going to just go by unnoticed! Well, at least that is what I thought. Ok, I did organise dinner at a restaurant with my parents on the night before but hey, that's what good families do! Right?! Little did I know that my sneaky husband (who ignored last year's celebrations, I might add!) went to the restaurant earlier in the day with a gorgeous arrangement of native flowers for the table (see pic), a beautiful card and a birthday cake for dessert! Sneaky, but much appreciated and yes, I'm still in shock!

He even outdid himself the next day and gave me the dvd of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' (the Australian version) and another dvd that he thought I might like with Ewan McGregor riding a motorbike around somewhere (will let you know once I've watched it!).

And to top it all off, the 8 year old nagged her dad into taking her to the shops the day before so she could spend her pocket money on a box of chocolates and a Powderpuff girl (yeah, yeah, I know but it is just so sweet!) keyring! The fact that she did this without any hints, etc had me almost in tears. And she spent my actual birthday morning cleaning her room which was what I had asked both kids to do for my birthday anyway! Ok, I know it's such a mum's thing to request, but if it works, flaunt it! Lol!

And the birthday day was spent doing what I love most....shopping, taking the 8 year old to lunch for a girlie afternoon and having dinner with friends!

So until next year, here's hoping that this one goes by very very slowly!