Monday, March 10, 2008

Free of Sin!


Miss 8 is in the process of making her First Communion and Confirmation. This involves a whole lot of weekends going to special lessons etc etc and each week is about some new aspect of the First Communion/Confirmation journey.

This week's topic was reconciliation.

So this evening, a few hours after the lesson, she comes up to me and says, 'You know mummy, we have to go to church on Wednesday night this week cause we have to do this thing where we tell Father about our bad choices'.

'Ok', says me! 'That's called Reconciliation. You talk to him about what bad choices you've made and about how you can improve next time'.

'Well', she says thoughtfully, 'That's going to be a bit hard for me'.

'Why?' I asked.

'Cause I've thought about what I've done wrong and you know what....I've got nothin'!!!!!'

Ahhhh the innocent! Needless to say, I gave her some suggestions! Lol!


*picture courtesy of Angel Guide