Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Echidnas!


We were sitting in a nearby shopping centre eatery yesterday - where I weakened and did a 'holiday treat' for my kids and took them to lunch - and was watching Master 11 eating his chips. He's a big boy now, you know, and so was chuffed at the opportunity to be able to actually go off and line up and order and pay for them himself (under my nearby watchful eye, of course). He came back to the table and boasted how his chips were full of chicken salt.

"Hmmmmm", my motherly instincts came to the fore once again, "That's not very good for you heart....or your kidneys....if you eat too much salt" I lectured.

"Yeah!" echoed Miss 7, "It's not very good for your echidnas at all!"

Needless to say, a quick lesson in what your kidneys were quickly followed!