Monday, June 25, 2007

A Babe or a Cupcake??


I'm excited! It's that time again....the time where life becomes more about hampsters, 'skips' and pineapple upside down cakes! Where romance is rife and chasing a bond-breaker is essential! Where visits to morgue showings are commonplace and where the world can be categorised into two types....cupcakes or babes!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you have obviously never read a Stephanie Plum novel. I became addicted to these light-hearted little treats of chick-lit last Easter and ended up reading 12 books and 2 novellas in two weeks....I just couldn't put them down. The author, Janet Evanovich, has created a whole world through Stephanie that fulfils the slumbering Nancy Drew-loving child within. She is really a light-hearted Nancy for big girls, I guess only Nancy's Ned has long been replaced with a smorgasboard of Ranger or Morelli and Stephanie's bestie side-kick is an ex-ho named Lula who loves donuts more than she loves catching bad guys. And one cannot forget mentionig the delightful Grandma Mazur......Stephanie's fiesty, fun-loving granny who adds more entertainment to these frolicking tales!

So my point through all of this is that book 13 entitled, Lean Mean Thirteen, is now in stores! I bought my copy today and so will be blanket covered and book happy for the next day or two, catching up with my favourite character's latest exploits!

Now, if only someone could convince author Janet Evanovich to get Ranger and Stephanie together again, I'd be a happy reader. And for all of you who say that Steph is better off with Morelli...think about it! It's Ranger who always helps her out. It's Ranger who is the one to catch her fall, it's Ranger who isn't wanting her change herself to fit into his world, and it's Ranger who is hot, hot, hot! ;) I rest my Stephanie-loving case!!!