Saturday, August 16, 2008

Why? And Other Life Ponderings!



1) Why are sleep-overs called 'sleep-overs' when absolutely no sleep occurs? Testimony to this is the twelve year old's night over at his mate's place last night. He came home tired and cranky after only a half hour of sleep...then promptly fell asleep on the lounge for most of the afternoon.

2) Why is it that suddenly all of my friends are holidaying overseas? I rang one of my friends for his birthday only to get no answer. Then a text comes hours later telling me he's in San Francisco. My brother and SIL just returned from their Irish holiday. My BFF is currently snow skiing in New Zealand! Why am I still sitting here in cold and somewhat windy Brisbane? Anyone?

3) Why am I so addicted to the Olympic coverage? Is it sad that I didn't want to go out anywhere yesterday so that I could stay home and watch it? Yes, very...I know! And why is it that all of our gold medals in the pool were from the Aussie girls?

4) Why is it that I pay the debt of a small country to get my hair dyed to hide the suddenly sprouting grey only to find a new one pop up a day or two later?

5) Why is it that I live in a street with only a handful of houses yet only know one neighbour? Sad, but true.

6) Why is it that I no sooner clean one corner of my house then turn around to find that the kids have created a mess in another corner!

7) Why is it that my naughty dog barks at every bird that enters my yard? This Rainbow Lorikeet on the Grevillea Honey Gem in the back yard was lucky enough to be up high and clever enough to ignore the rampant barking down below! But whenever one flies in, the dog flies out! Argh!

8) Why am I blogging so much at the moment? Possibly because I have had so much time off in the last few weeks with illness and Show Holidays. Back to routine next week. *sob* I'm sitting here trying to organise work for next week and am coming up a total blank. Why????? Oh why????