Saturday, August 9, 2008

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!


Ok, if you are visiting here from a place across seas, please excuse my shameless and unrestrained patriotism!

If, however you are a little Aussie blogger like myself then join in with me as I do a few rounds of Advance Australia Fair (Hmmmm....maybe I should put that on my imeem player! Lol!)!

I stayed up late, late, late last night just to watch the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic Games after my friend and I did yum cha for lunch yesterday just to get in the mood! (Ok, well that is what we told ourselves!). And yes, I waited until the Australian team came out......3rd last in the parade of athletes and well after 1am!! *Stifling a tired yawn here!* I wasn't overly fussed on the team's blue uniforms (ahem, what happened to green and gold!?) but still it was exciting to see them so enthusiastic!

I did love the opening ceremony. There were lots of highlights: the choreography and synchronicity of the drummers at the beginning was amazing, the link of the scrolled paper that flowed throughout the performances and the people who did the typeset dance were magnificent. And it was wonderful to see the Chinese performers who never seemed to stop smiling for the entire event.

So, I'll be interested to see how the next couple of weeks go! In particular, I'll be watching the progress of swimmers Bronte Barratt, Kylie Palmer and Leith Brodie who all train at the same pool where my daughter learns to swim (and yep, I've checked them out at training!). And ok, I admit it, I've developed a soft spot for cycling ever since Cadel came second in Le Tour!

So 'Oi! Oi! Oi!' and 'Go the Aussies'!

Photo courtesy of www.olympics.com.au for study purposes only.