Friday, August 8, 2008

Brace Off!



This is the five thousand dollar investment that I have made into my son's mouth over the last 19 months!

Yep, braces came off yesterday! Thank God for that!

I know that he is quite young to have had braces (although he did get his first tooth at 3 months so has been an early teether! No baby teeth have been left in that head for 18 months now!) and apparently that is how they do them here these days!

So now he has an almost metal-less mouth. He does have to continue to wear a retainer in the top (that comes next week) and already has one behind the bottom teeth, but in the meantime, he is enjoying all of the luxuries in eating that has been off-limits since they first went on.

And his first request now that he is brace-less? a) Lunch at Hog's Breath; b) a double scoop Baskin Robbins ice-cream and c) crunchy pork crackle and roast!

I'm trying to decide if my hips and wallet will survive!