Thursday, July 31, 2008

Awards, Illness and Life As I Know It!!!


I'm sicccckkkkkk! Sympathy please!!! I have no voice! This is not a good thing for person whose job relies on speaking for about 90% of the day! Waaahhhh! I'm sure that my family are secretly thanking God for the blessing of not hearing me speak (whine, nag!!) however on the surface they are readily offering help, giving me advice and actually listening when I try to communicate! Noice!

So in my state of self pity, I am inwardly rejoicing on the fact that I've been bestowed with a blog award! Thanks to my US cyber mate, Tawd for passing on this honour (can I reissue him this award, too? Right back at ya, Todd!). It really was a bright spot in an otherwise miserable, croaky, sniffly, coughing week!

There are a few rules to this award, however, so I am here to 'pass it forward/spread the lurve'!!!

Here are the guidelines:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

So, here are my 'super seven' (drum roll, please):

1. It's All About T! One of my little Tassie friends and a big fan of the cheese wheel and passion pop phenomenon! Anyone who can single-handedly manage husband, teen son, bloggin' and full-on study all in one hit deserves this award! Waving madly at ya, T!

2. Just Me As I Am! You've heard of a 'yummy mummy'....now let me introduce you to the woman who is supersedes this..... a 'yummy granny'! Also an Apple Isle girl and also has juggling abilities involving housework, full time work-work and a heaps of gorgeous girls (ok, not to mention one very clever hubby....clever for marryin' our Trudi, that is!)! I just don't know how on earth she gets time to blog (or sleep, or breathe for that matter!).

3. This Is Family This Is Life This Is Love! Kate (aka the woman who introduced me to brands such as IKKS and Nolita Pocket) is one of my fave Melbourne girls! She is also a renowned LippyFester and is great fun to catch up with when she does her regular jaunts to Queensland!

4. Rhubarb Whine! Love the food, love the stories, love the lot! I always enjoy catching up with another Brissie-based person and this is one place that I visit a lot!

5. Jeanie in Paradise! Jeanie was one of the first 'outsiders' to leave a comment on my blog! I remember when she did - I almost fell over with shock realising that someone actually did read my words! So visiting hers and catching up with her life has been a regular event for me. And let's face it, if we can both manage to mother 8-going-on-nine year old girls and still survive then it's no wonder that we've united in cyberspace solidarity!

6. Lulu's Bay! Lynda is a creative cook and blogger whose life has taken her from Lippyfesting days across Sydney to the other side of the world in Cairo. At the moment she's on sabbatical in some obscure location in Europe (yeah, at the moment I secretly hate her cause I want to be where she is and not stuck in this cold winter!) and although she cannot be contacted to confirm that she was a blow-up kangaroo toting Cadel Evans cheerer spotted on 'Le Tour' television, I can confirm that a visit to her blog is well worth the time!

7. And finally, to Toni at Wifely Steps, who not only bemuses me with all of the weird and quirky gadget finds, entertains me with her weekly games and enlightens me in all of her other interesting posts but is also Twilight obsessed like...ummm...me (See, I keep saying that it's not just for teenage girls!)!!!