Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Menu Planner!


I was reading Kin's blog about her menu planning which was just so topical for us here at the moment!

I have been menu planning for years. My mother menu planned (and still does) so I guess that it was a natural progression that, in the midst of being overloaded with work and family life, I would undertake the same concept.

Imagine my surprise however, when Master 12 3/4 decided that he was getting in on the act! Not content with meals that I've been preparing of late, he has decided that he can do a better job. So this evening, after being challenged by me, he has written his own menu plan for the following week and has also included the necessary grocery list to accompany it!

Now, in case you haven't worked it out yet, said child loooooves food! As a child, his favourite shows (alongside Bananas in Pjs and Wiggles) were the cooking shows. That doesn't mean that he eats well....in fact, because he is so fussy, making lunch for him is nothing short of a nightmare because he prefers to starve himself than eat the food I pack! But dinner is his specialty and he's decided to show me his ideal week of eating!

So here it is! Notice what's on offer.....tacos, two lots of pasta (will my hips survive?), burritos and home made meat pie! Lol! Oh and let's not forget the night of meat, vegetables and mash - cause apparently I don't mash! And I do love the grocery list, that has included everything right down to the cornflour!

It will be interesting to see how the week pans out. I am half expecting that he will be pretty sick of cooking by the end of. But I'll let you know if he was successful!

Oh, and in the process of writing his plan, he cleaned out my recipe book cupboard so I am so not complaining!