Saturday, February 23, 2008

Super Grot!


This is the pair of shorts that my dear son wore to camp! Did I also happen to mention that he returned home in the exact same pair of shorts! And for the days in-between....yep, you guessed it....he wore them as well!

It's not like he didn't have other shorts. In fact, he took 4 beautifully clean pairs!

So what is it about teen and almost-teen boys that they think it's ok to be a grot? What is so cool about being dirty? I know that I didn't raise my kids to be filthy. In fact, I am obsessed with clean and presentable clothes (pity I can't say the same about my housework though!)! Just looking at that photo makes me wonder where I've failed in my motherly duties about personal hygiene!

And when I questioned him about it his reply was....'It's ok....I changed my undies each day!' Hmmmm....if that is the case, then why did I find them also neatly folded and still clean in the bottom of his camp bag!