Monday, February 4, 2008

It Doesn't Rain, But It Pours....


......Especially when you are sitting at the 'Gabba stadium in Brisbane with thousands of other people and there's an international cricket game to be played!

I haven't been to a One Day International for years and years and the last time I did, it rained, too and my friend and I abandoned out seats and fled to the city, only to discover that the teams went back on to play. Needless to say, last night my family blamed me for the rain as they waded through ankle deep puddles to catch the bus home! Lol!

Believe me, standing in the pouring rain at 9pm on a Sunday night is not the place you want to find yourself.

The game in itself was disappointing, given that it had to be abandoned. Ok, ok, I know we are supposed to have a drought here and any rain should be welcome but it could have held out until after the Australians had finished batting!

Regardless, we did get to see almost a full Indian innings, got to watch some magnificent bowling by Brett Lee (Darn, he bowls fast....you don't appreciate the actual speed on tv - it's much faster to the eye in real life!) and got to cheer on Adam Gilchrist when he took to the field to bat - possibly his last visit as an international player to our local stadium.

Thankfully, we took raincoats though....there's nothing like feeling like a duck, instead of actually seeing some (cricket) ducks!