Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In Mourning For Carpathians!


What is happening to me? First I became a Twilight addict, then I sat glued to the television every Wednesday night to watch Moonlight until Channel 9 so rudely took it off the air! Then, over the past two months, I have spent evening after evening avidly reading the Carpathian series by Christine Feehan.

I had no idea when I bought the first book that they would be so addictive. But it wasn't long before I was obsessed with checking out local bookstores and putting holds on at the local library for my next instalment.

But now sadly, my addiction has to be rechecked cause I've read 17 out of the 18 already published books and am awaiting the last one when it becomes available at the library.

I love the Carpathians. Ok, alpha males they may be but their lives are never easy when they have not only vampires to deal with, but independent and often highly spirited lifemates who believe in giving women a fair say! It makes for interesting reading, along with some of the catchy storylines that Feehan includes in her novels. And the fact that they are full of romance and gorgeous people does help...let's face it!

I particularly loved the Lucian/Jaxon, Nicholae/Destiny, Vikirnoff/Natalya and Manolito/MaryAnn storylines. Mind you, who wouldn't be fascinated with Gregori's and Savannah's love story. And the Dark Celebration was just that - a celebration of all characters to date!

So as I sit and await the next instalment, due out at the end of the year, I am at a loss. What will I read now that my Carpathian adventure is almost over? I certainly feel a great big dark stain ;) creeping into my life!

Although I did see that a new Stephanie Plum novella is out............;)!!!!