Thursday, November 27, 2008

Super Summer Salad! Yum!



To celebrate the beginning of summer and the wonderful foods that come with it, I present the salad that I tossed together (ummmm...literally!) about a week ago. Dear Husband has been buying delicious pieces of salmon from a store near his work so when we have left-overs, we love to throw them into a 'day after' salad!

In this one, we combined:

left-over fresh salmon, cut into chunks
shredded lettuce
rocket leaves
chopped Lebanese cucumber
sliced onion
cubed feta cheese
slices of avocado
cut pieces of mango

I guess that you could season with coriander of something similar but we just loved the avocado and mango tastes permeating through the dish.

And for the best ever advice on how to cook salmon correctly, I turn to my favourite Brisbane-based chef, Alistair McLeod who says that you cook the first side until it just turns pink, turn and cook the other side until it sizzles (might not be his exact words, but you get my drift)! I also sprinkle lemon juice on when cooking and I can vouch that this is a no-fail method!


It looks delicious and let me tell you, it is!!!