Friday, October 31, 2008

Who Goes Marching In??!!


Miss Eight had a school challenge....prepare a talk for show and tell about a Catholic saint.

Hmmmmmm! Do you know how many saints are out there? Hundreds, according to a quick internet search!

So after we'd narrowed down a few contenders for show-and-tell topic, we started reading up on the lives of these saints.

We found that a common element in quite a few of them was that they were nuns. Now, despite the fact that my children attend Catholic schools, Miss Eight was still confused as to what the role of a nun actually involved (goes to show how many of them are around really!). So I filled her in with the basics......devote your life to God, pray a lot, work, no marriage!

"What?' gasped Miss Eight in her serious manner upon hearing this. "No marriage? Oh no! That means that I have no chance of becoming a saint!"

She's obviously thinking ahead and yes, I did laugh my head off over that one!