Sunday, October 5, 2008

Today......


Today, my house is ringing with the sounds of the rugby league football grand final (heaven help me!) and the sounds of the males in my house hollering at the try-scoring players on the screen.

The Superteen had his cricket cap day today and is a little worried about the team he's in (or in his words, 'We are gonna get hammered this year!').

Miss Eight has been walking Ruby around in her new harness so that the poor dog can 'get used to it'!

I've been grocery shopping (Superteen says that he's going to cook ALL week! Consequently grocery bill was so large that you couldn't leap over it!)

And throughout it all, there is an underlying sadness as we all farewell another lot of holidays!

Tomorrow is the start of the new school term! That means that it's back to work for me and back to school for the kids! :( Not that I have done anything particularly exciting on these holidays, but having the opportunity to sleep in and to have no early-morning-we-are-running-late-get-out-of-the-house-fast stress has been magnificent! In fact, my days have been spent cooking, reading, watching tv, looking after kids and basically just relaxing! Do you like the jigsaw that we all did? This not-so-simple but inexpensive puzzle provided hours of family-friendly fun!

So roll on Summer! Counting down till Summer holidays now!