Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Shannon's Stepped Up!

I confess, when the first Australian Idol was broadcast, I became one of those people who got caught up in the hysteria. I preordered my Shannon Noll cd and thought, from the moment that he sang his version of Robbie William's 'Better Man' on the show that he had that special something that makes you stop and listen.

I admit though that over the last few years, despite him having several successful singles and proving to his critics that he was a new Australian music talent to be reckoned with, my interest in his music faded as all his songs seemed (to my lay-person's ears) to sound the same. I did love his version of 'Don't Give Up' with Natalie Bassingthwaite, but then again....who didn't!

But on the weekend, on one of those generic music video shows, I happened to catch the end of his latest video clip! Omg! What a shock! Shannon has stepped up and proven that he can belt out a rockin' song as well as the best of them! If this is an indication of what to expect on his next cd, then I'm certainly in for a listen. Love the song, love the clip and love the performance. Shannon looks confident and content (sans flavour savour, I might add!). Perhaps his latest bout of fatherhood has agreed with him!