Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Feel Old!

Life has been bubbling along as usual here. Apart from a few meltdowns (from the children and me!) and a week full of rain (and don't we need that!) and work, nothing much has been happening. The reward coupon system for getting out of the house of a work/school morning has been incredibly successful and I recommend it to anyone who is feeling the stress of rushing as I was.

The 11 year old has, along with his friends, discovered the joy of sleepovers. Usually, I am anti-sleepovers as I have heard of so many children getting themselves into trouble on them, but for the last two weekends I have relented given that I know the parents of these children very well and am sure of his safety and supervision. So what do you do when a quarter of your family is missing?.....why celebrate of course with lunch out and calm, quiet nights at home! Lol!

I am going through a 'feeling old' cycle at the moment! I read recently that Liam Finn (son of Crowded House front man Neil) has released his own song. O...M...G!!! Now, here is the part where I get honest and admit that at the age of 15 I was a Frenz of the Enz member and absolutely loved Split Enz and subsequently Crowded House. In fact, I even remember when Liam was born. Seriously! So to see him there on my computer screen singing away as a man...and with a beard and looking uncannily like his Uncle Tim.....well, I can't help but wonder what happened to all of the years of my life in between. Seriously sad! And if you haven't heard it, here it is. I really like it: