Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Know That You're There



No, I'm not in hiding!

I've had a lot going on. Some good, some not-so-good and some downright hard! That sounds cryptic but it's not meant to be. Basically, I think it comes down to having an operation and going back to work too soon which means that coping is not something that I've been doing particularly well! Don't worry, I'm ok now, but I think I'll look back on this period of my life and decide that, despite key hole surgery, I should have had at least four weeks off work after it!

That said, life rolls on!

We have eight weeks to go until our holiday and the count down has been worrying thanks to a mother of a volcano in Iceland! Here's praying that it keeps its ash to itself!

We are down to one major booking left.....Italian transport. What is the cheapest and safest way to get from Venice to Florence and then on to Rome? Rail?

On the to do list is the following:

*Book Paris rail pass
*Book EuroDisney tickets
*Work out how to get to Monet's Garden in Giverny
*Practise French and Italian phrases
*Get international driver's permit (they tell me that RACQ has these)
*Buy ac-dc plug converter for Europe
*Buy better bag locks
*Get swine flu and flu shots
*Try not to panic!!!!!

Despite being so close to our big trip, we decided last weekend to have a night up the coast at Maroochydore. A quick flip to wotif.com and we ended up at the Sebel Resort. A whole day of lazing by the pool and spa definitely refreshed our batteries! Thank goodness for long weekends!

The photo is the view from our twelfth floor balcony, looking north to Coolum etc and of the living area of our apartment taken from the balcony. They are photos from my mobile so . It was just so lovely!