Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter?? What Easter???!!!


With the recent surgery still fresh on my mind, I have to admit that Easter was kinda forgotten in the aftermath!

I actually stayed at my parents' place for a few days to convalesce and get over the pain of having one's gall bladder removed.

To be honest, chocolate isn't actually giving me the same excited thrill that it usually does this year. I ate some and ended up with terrible indigestion! I'm sure that this is a passing thing...at least, I hope it is!!!

Our Easter naturally, then was a quiet day at home. I had bought eggs etc for the family prior to going into hospital so thankfully, that was pre-organised! In the afternoon, we all sat down and watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off on dvd....a bonus in the Superteen's Easter gift stash!

My recovery is going well. Today, I took the outer layer of bandaging off my wounds to find some nice, neat little cuts that are healing well. I am getting around ok but bending and stretching do create some pain. I rang the doctor's office today and they tell me that I should be right to go back to work next week! Nice of me to organise hospital recovery time on my holidays, wasn't it!!!

And for those of you who are wondering.....the holidays are mostly booked. We have found places in Italy, including Rome, Venice and Florence. The Eurostar tickets are booked. I am just contemplating Italian train travel (ideas please!!!) and EuroDisney tickets! Can't wait for that one!

I hope that your Easter was a good one!