Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Three Weeks And Counting!

Time is flying by. One minute I'm downing Easter Eggs (slowly this year, obviously!) and the next, I'm counting down three.....yes three!!!.....weeks until we hop on that big silver metal bird into the sky!

I can't say that the late stages of planning have been hiccup free though. Last week we received an email from the people we had rented London accommodation with.....it basically said, "Sorry, the flat is no longer available!" Ok, so the owner died (how rude and inconsiderate of him to do so prior to our departure!) but it did leave us in a terrible position. For about 4 days we went into panic mode, emailing every London accommodation rental that we could think of. Not to mention the worry of getting our deposit returned. Luckily, persistence paid off. We did find what was probably the very last accommodation available in London for that period of time (minus a day but a sleep over in a hotel room will probably do us good!). And who knew that we were landing in London in Wimbledon week??? Not me! Apparently there are usually no rooms left at the inn during this week so to find somewhere that accommodates the four of us and within the inner city area was pure luck!

And yes, we did get our deposit back on the original place. It warmed my heart to think that there are still honest people out there in the world....even if they don't have London accommodation anymore!

Finally, I am deciding on what places to pre-buy tickets for. I've been told that the Eiffel Tower is a must. Where else though? The Vatican? Louvre?

I'm sure that as the next few weeks go by, there will be a million things that I'll have to do. In the meantime, I'm hanging on to this roller coaster ride and looking forward to the thrill!