Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Weekend Of Stress, Work and Love!


I have been a bad blogger this past week because so much is happening atm.

Last Friday, my MIL passed away. Sad yes, but it affects my husband more than me as we didn't see her all that much. There is so much more that I could say about what's gone on since this but quite honestly I couldn't be bothered. All I can do is recognise that we all deal with death in different ways and that funerals and death are always stressful times! Is that cryptic enough for you?! What it has done, however is rekindle many memories of my nanna's passing and realise once again that although time is supposed to heal wounds, the death of a much loved one is painful forever.

Also last week, I was told that I was no longer needed to work on Fridays. Part of me will miss the extra money but to be honest, part of me is celebrating at having my 'grocery Fridays' back! Woo hoo!

On Saturday we did the usual sports run and then spent the day grocery shopping and cleaning.

And Sunday, of course, was Mothers Day.

The 8 year old beat her brother out of bed and made me breakfast - raisin toast (one with butter and one with Vegemite - yes, we did explain later that you don't put Vegemite on fruit toast! Lol!) and her own special chocolate milk drink. It was so cute. Then I was showered with presents that she had bought me at the Mothers Day stall at school. When the 12 year old arose, he also gave me the dvd of PS I Love You - something I really wanted.

Finally, to finish off the day, the 8 year old had her special ceremony for First Communion and Confirmation. It was a beautiful service and she looked gorgeous in her ivory dress and cardigan. Afterwards, family came back to our place for a simple celebration.

So it was a long weekend and I am seriously missing quiet time! And it doesn't look like it's going to get much better with another busy weekend planned! Hopefully, I'll survive with my sanity!