Sunday, May 25, 2008

The 'Stick Your Foot In It' Award This Week Goes To....

.....my Dear Husband, who on meeting up with old friend today that we haven't seen for a while (who not-so-recently got divorced from his wife and who is 'oh-not-still-bitter-about-it' so he says. Yeah, right!) accidentally called him by his ex-wife's new fiance's name! Big whoops there!

Needless to say old friend was soooo not impressed!

Sometimes it's hard to be the 'tweenie' friends - you know, the ones who were friends with the old couple but now who are friends with one new couple whilst trying not to off-side the ex! There is always an element of not wanting to step on toes and sometimes your subconscious mind just rears its head and pops out of your mouth without you even realising it!

I'm sure that divorced and separated people the world over and their friends all have this problem.

Needless to say, Dear Husband went an incredibly bright shade of (Oh, I'd say) magenta, babbled apologies profusely and hot-tailed it out of the sticky situation he'd created!

And naturally, being the supportive wife that I am, I almost peed myself laughing when he told me! Double whoops for me!