Thursday, May 1, 2008

'Koala, Koala What Do You See? I See A Strange Person With A Camera Looking At Me!



Over my back fence is a road....a pretty busy road.

My friend, who was driving along that road, rang me today and told me to have a look in a tree on the other side of the road from me!

Sure enough, look who just happened to be sleeping there!

We are only about 25-30 minutes drive from, and are very much a suburb of, Brisbane City. There is a koala corridor that runs about a kilometre or two west of us, where the suburbs start to become acreage blocks - but never in all the time that I've lived here have I seen a koala this close to here.

So what is a sleepy little koala to do when it is all lost and doesn't know where it is? Why climb into a tree (ok, so it just happens to be on a main road and next to the bus stop and houses...meh!) and have a snooze! And this little fella apparently has been there all day!