Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Catch Up

The past month has flown and once again, I've proven to be a very slack blogger and not updated my little site here! My apologies to all those who had given up on me. Unfortunately, life is like that however, now that holidays have approached, perhaps I'll improve...who knows!

The past month or so have been very busy. Here is my update for you:

* The Superteen finished another year of high school. He now insists on growing his hair longer and not shaving (yes, he is actually shaving!) while holidays are on. He began cricket again last term and received his certificate for 20 wickets so obviously his bowling skills are improving! He also has a real pocket money job at a local shopping centre. He's pretty thrilled to have his own money but is sick of me nagging him to save half each week. On the scary side, he now proclaims to have a girlfriend. Being the mean mother that I am, I have loaded them both up with rules (ie, no getting serious, only movies in a group, etc etc) but he has managed to maintain this relationship for a couple of months now so only the future knows what will happen.

* Miss Nine is now Miss Ten! Yes, I somehow managed to prepare a birthday party for a dozen or so ten year olds at a local swimming pool in the midst of the chaos that was last month! She has continued to play summer netball once a week as well and has also finished school for the year in great excitement as her bestie is in the same class as her next year! Woo hoo!

* The dogs, I'm sure are the healthiest in the neighbourhood! They had a recent trip to the doggie parlour and are looking very spiffy on these hot summer days! Jasper celebrated his first birthday at the end of October, too.

* The back yard reno is at a standstill. I feel like it is a nightmare as DH and I have debated over finished products, etc and whether we should install a swimming pool. If it progresses, I'll let you know but atm I am still facing a mountain of soil each day!

* We have decided that 2010 is the year of the holiday for us! I'm talking great big holiday on great big airplane for great big hours....with great big cost! I guess that this is the reason why the backyard has stalled but it was a totally selfish decision based on the need to take the opportunity to seize life with both hands while we have to opportunity!

* I have finally had the chance to see New Moon....in Gold Class! (Gotta love Gold Class!). Btw, I loved it much more than I thought I would and actually think I prefer it to the first movie.

* I have finished every book in the Eve Dallas In Death series by J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts!). I can't recommend them enough. Totally fell in love with the characters!

* I have also been listening to the novel Eat, Pray, Love read by the author, Elizabeth Gilbert on cd. It's a great way to pass the time while out driving from place to place on my own. I'm actually really enjoying both the format and the literature!

* I am still in the process of doing mountains of Christmas shopping however am now enjoying holiday sleep ins with the kids!

I know that that's a quick summary but who knows...perhaps 2010 will see me being a more regular blogger. Here's hoping!