Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another Christmas Over!

Christmas is over for another year!

This year, our day was filled with much of the same - church on Christmas eve, being woken up early by a couple of eager kids to open presents on Christmas morning, eating lots of food, spending time with family etc.

Food in our house is always a treat but this year DH excelled himself and marinated 3 inch long prawns in garlic the night before and did them on the bbq for breakfast. They were delicious! He also has an obsession with fruit at the moment so we have spent much of the last few days eating cherries, lychees and mangoes. Yum!

On Boxing Day, after sleeping in and watching some of the test match on television, we went to the movies and saw Avatar in 3D. It is one of those rare movies that we all wanted to see so therefore became a family event. It is definitely worth recommending, although I would add that seeing it in 3D is a must! But I'm a bit partial cause I've been a Sam Worthington fan from way back when he did Bootmen and Love My Way!

Today it is raining thanks to the left overs from Cyclone Lawrence breaking up across Queensland. Time for a nice, lazy day....oh, and heaps of washing and cleaning up that I'm totally avoiding!

And what am I reading at the moment? The last two books from the Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur. I have no idea what time I went to bed this morning cause I just could not put the book, Bound To Shadows, down. I read somewhere that Keri Arthur only has one more book to write in this series! *gasp* I love Riley and Quinn and I love the way that Arthur writes so that the pace of the book is continually fast and interesting. One more book only? Nooooooo!!!! *sob, sob*

Hope that you have also had a great Christmas. Roll on new years!