Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today......


I went to see the author Paullina Simons speak. My lovely friend (waving at ya!) came with me! Paullina was very interesting. She spoke, then signed books, including my great big stack! I specifically asked her to personalise 'The Girl In Times Square' to me as it's my fave book of hers.

It's fascinating to meet the people who create the characters of your reading-fantasy life! How they are and aren't what you expected them to be! How suddenly you are more focused on the fact that they have fantastic hair rather than the fact that their imagination 'birthed' a character that you obsessed over and cried for. Although you still spend time taking in what they say and hoping to get a glimpse into the workings of their creative brains.

I did have a photo of me taken with Paullina but when I got home I realised that my girl bits were gaping out of my blouse! Errrrr! Hence, only the pic of Paullina alone in the shot, talking to a room full of (mostly) women!

What a great way to spend a Wednesday!