Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!



Ok, I'm a day late but I did spend yesterday resting after my late, late night so I think that I can be excused!

So what does one blog about when talking about a new year? Not resolutions because they never ever work for me! I thought instead, I'd borrow this meme which is a reflection on 2007!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I started a blog!!! ;)

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make new year’s resolutions cause I never keep them….and they always involve the impossible task of losing weight anyway so I am just setting myself up for failure….right!?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me but someone I knew. :'(

5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, none.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Ummmm….children that do not fight with each other…impossible, I know!

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The Powderfinger video shoot cause it was a real turning point for my son and his self confidence.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving it! I also achieved my family history information so that was a bonus!

9. What was your biggest failure?
An argument with a close friend that was over something completely trivial and I’m still not sure what I did wrong.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Influenza A knocked me for a week!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, I can’t say washing machine even though I would like to. I bought a new camera so perhaps that!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My daughter got the very best report ever…..it was so beautiful that I cried when I read it.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The 12 year old hit puberty and his behaviour was very depressing at times.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills, kids.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Powderfinger/Silverchair and Josh Groban in concert.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
I Don’t Remember by Powderfinger.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter :(
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saving!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying; working.

20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I’ve been married for too long to even contemplate that question.

21.What was your favorite TV program?
Moonlight!!! Love My Way Season 3!

22. What was the best book you read?
Jane Eyre

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brendan Welch. If you haven’t heard of him, he’s well worth looking for at your music store!

24. What did you want and get?
A new washing machine! Lol!

25. What did you want and not get?
An overseas holiday on my own!
Oh and I didn’t want a new dog but got one! How did that happen???

26. What was your favourite film of this year?
I loved Romulus My Father. Also enjoyed the Bourne Ultimatum.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned a ‘0’ number! Waaahhhhh! And I worked and went out for tea with friends. It was a real anti-climax of a birthday!

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have less stress and less work in it.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Same ol’, same ol’. Although I am going in for more comfy shoes these days!

30. What kept you sane?
Friends.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Alex O'Loughlin and the new Mr Rochester, Toby Stephens!

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Having to vote in the federal elections. We were inundated with political ads for weeks before voting day!

33. Who did you miss?
My nanna

34. Who was the best new person you met?
You know, I have thought about this and still have no idea!

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
That some people are not what you think they are; That I really am a controller in life and have to learn that I can't control pre-teen son!

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This life well its slipping right through my hands
These days turned out nothing like I had planned

Control well its slipping right through my hands
These days turned out nothing like I had planned