Sunday, March 6, 2011

Support A Queensland Flood-Affected Business!




Last week it was my birthday. Next week it is Dear Husband's birthday. To celebrate, we dumped the kids on their grandparents (yay for grandparent babysitting when the 'rents - as the Superteen likes to refer to us - need some hard-to-come-by time off!) and headed out to tea.

I decided to surprise Dear Husband and booked a restaurant without telling him where. All today he has been trying to guess where the mystery dinner would be. We ended up going to Lure Restaurant at the Coro Hotel. This was for two reasons....firstly, I'd been there before and thought it was ok and secondly, I am of the total belief that we need to support Queensland businesses who are trying to recover from being flooded.

Ok, this is slightly personal as, if you are a regular reader to my blog would realise, that Dear Husband's work also went underwater. Like every other business in the same position, they are slowly recovering but every little bit of support is greatly appreciated.

Our Lure meal was delicious. I have taken a photograph of the scrumptious dessert so that you can understand why I think I've put on a few kilograms over the last few hours! The only hint of flood devastation was that the car park lift was not working and we had to walk up the easily accessible car park ramp.

After dinner we walked around the block and onto Coronation Drive. As we walked we tried to imagine the whole area being underwater. All we can say is that the immense clean up has been worth it....it looks almost as good as new!

PS...I think I've finally fixed the small picture problem! Yayyy!