Thursday, March 17, 2011

B'gosh and B'gora It's St Patrick's Day!


Happy St Patrick's Day to all of you who, like me, enjoy honouring the Irish blood that flows through your veins!

For me, it's a couple of generations back...my great grandparents to be precise, but their courage in the face of adversity and adventure meant that their descendants now live, not amongst rolling green valleys and castle-topped hills but rather grey-green, gum tree riddled bushland and fabulous white beaches! If only they could see now what their hard work has resulted in!

I should also add that 19 years ago tonight, I first met my husband. So I guess that is another reason to mark the day as significant!

To celebrate tonight we had Colcannon for dinner - an Irish potato and cabbage dish. Ok, apparently it's traditionally a Halloween dish but I reason that their Halloween is in Autumn and it's Autumn here now so.....meh!


This is my little effort, topped off with a bit of meat. I must say though that it was obviously meant to pack a few pounds onto the hips in preparation for the on-coming winter....cause it's soooo full of food that is way too yummy!!!!