Saturday, February 27, 2010

February News From Us!



It's been quite a while since I gave an update on our family. And yes, I admit to being a slack poster! What can I say...life is busy!

The Superteen......has continued to work, eat, sleep and play. Notice that I didn't put 'study' in there! Grrrr! Don't get me started. He really is a fully fledged hormonal teen. He still has the girlfriend! Double grrrrr! But I am still biting my tongue over that one! He recently went on a week long, white water rafting camp to the Clarence River with school. Unfortunately, though it didn't last a week. He called us the day before he was due to return to say that he was on his way home. Why? Some kid upended his boat and all the tent poles are still sitting on the bottom of the Clarence River! That, along with the fact that the teacher in charge also capsized, cracked his boat and lost the entire camp's breakfast for the next day meant that he (the teacher) pulled up stumps (*sigh* cricket slang!) and headed home with our boys! Lol! I don't blame him!

Miss Ten......is continuing school, violin, choir and netball. Unfortunately, netball hasn't started the year well with a lot of issues regarding the team, training and management. Don't get me started! At present it is all still in discussion stage however we are hoping that we can work out a compromise. Apart from that her life revolves around friends, tv and pets and not necessarily in that order!

Dear Husband......is about to have a HUGE birthday! It is only going to be a small celebration between family but the place is booked, the cake is ordered and already my head is spinning in anticipation! (If only I could get him to mow the grass as efficiently!)

Me.......work, eat, sleep, run after kids, work, eat, sleep, run after kids....you get the picture! And yes, I am about to have a birthday, too...yay me! Did you realise that DH and I have birthdays that are close together? What does this mean?

Ruby and Jasper....have found an escape hatch. Not sure where it is but I've come home for the last 3 days to have them greet me in the front yard! Not happy!

Heat and the city...it's pouring here is Brisbane Town! After extremely hot, hot weather, it has begun to rain and already my water tank is overflowing.

The yard reno....The grass is fully laid on the back yard. Pity we don't know what to do with the top level and the gardens are being overrun by weeds.

And as for the trip....I'll keep you posted!



And the pic is of Ruby...who loves sitting on my lap when I'm on the computer and checking out what I'm doing. Excuse the messy desk though....that cleaning fairy must have been on strike on the day that this pic was taken!