Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've Got Nothin......Almost!


I think I'm in a rut! A big, fat, comfy rut! Yes, comfy cause it's so darn snug in here that I'm content to sit and wait out everything that is going on around me for the warmth of my hole!

Perhaps it is the fact that Winter has descended nastily upon us and I'm just enjoying snuggling up to my hot water bottle at night.

Perhaps it's because I'm knee deep in work and family history research, which always take up my time.

Or perhaps it's cause life is just whizzing by so fast that I don't have time to write.

Naaaahhhhh....I personally think it's writer's block!

I did have two weeks holidays somewhere there a while back. Two weeks of lying in bed and reading. Reading, reading and more reading! I have told my work colleague who recommended the J.D. Robb 'Eve Dallas In Death' Series that I was never forgiving her. They really have taken over my life as I'd rather be reading in my spare time. Once I read the first book, I was hooked....only to find that there were 20-something to read after it!

And I can also personally recommend The Tutors tv series. The court of King Henry VIII never seemed so darn interesting. I've managed to sit through series 1 and I've purchased series 2.

Miss Nine is still bouncing along to netball training. Her team is doing well though were put up in a higher division for their recent carnival so struggled quite a bit. It was a fun day, though.

The Superteen has lived through his first girlfriend (I blinked and missed it all, apparently!) but has happily been selected for his school's AFL team and is loving it. I'm trying to get through to him, however that school work is more important than sport.....am I fighting a losing battle?

As for DH and me....we are just sitting in our rut and watching the world go by....and eating my home-made lemon meringue cupcakes (sorry about the bad telephone camera shot though).